Gmail now don’t need internet aacess to read, reply and compose emails. This new feature announced by the google in its I/O conference in May.
This mode allows users to read, reply and compose and they can even reply to mails which will be stored in outbox and send when it connects to the internet.
How to enable offline mode
Very firstly, this mode is available in the latest version of gmail and it works on Google Chrome. So, if you are not using the the new Gmail, you need to first switch to it.
Once you have done that, enabling the new Gmail offline mode is quite easy. Follow the steps mentioned below now :
1. First, click on the settings GEAR icon and then click on ‘settings’.
2. Here you will see a new offline ‘section’, click on it.
3. Now Enable Offline Mail will appear, enable it by clicking the check box.
4. As soon as you click the check box you will be asked a few more options.
5. First is the “Sync settings” which asks you to select the number of days for which you want to save your emails offline. You get three options- 7,30 and 90 days.
6. If you don’t have a storage problem on your laptop, keep the duration to 90 days and also keep the “Download attachment”option below turned on by ticking the box.
7. Lastly, you will be asked to “keeo offline data on my computer” or “Remove offline data from my computer.
If you select the second option,every time you log in Google will have to re-sync all your e-mails. So, you should choose the first option as it save all your data and time.
Lastly, once you havr set all the preferences, click in the “save changes” button to enable the new Gmail offline Mode.
This feature works for both GSuite and Gmail.com accounts and as mentioned it only works on the Google Chrome browser.